This is my far more personal nanowrimo prep post which includes my checklist of what I need to get done before 1st November. It is far, far longer than I anticipated.
- Finish 2nd draft of Camp Nanowrimo’s novel I See Ice.
- Plan I See Blood. A long, incredibly detailed plan which actually lets you write without too much agonising over the details.
- Meal plans for each week, including shopping list.
- Get re-insured on the car so you don’t have to worry about getting the bus to town or how you’re going to walk the dog.
- Gather inspirational things about people who wrote 50k in a day or increased their word count from 2k a day to 10k a day.
- Schedule everything. You know how much you love scheduling and soon you’ll have a white board. On that note…
- Buy white board pens.
- Get Pinterest up to date.
- Any other short stories/competitions/deadlines coming up? Try and get a first draft down for all of them because the start of November.
- Catch up with shows you want to watch and books you want to read. Do not buy any more books at the charity shop. You do not have the bookshelf space. Don’t do it.
- Sign up for the gym. You’re going to want to run someone nice and comfortable and you live in England, it’s not going to be nice weather.
- Unpack. That should probably be nearer the top of the list.
- That massively long Habitica to-do list you have going on? Half of that should be gone by the start of November. Half.
- Cruise the Nanowrimo forums and get excited!