Well, I didn’t manage to finish reading a lot of the books I had on my TBR. I finished two books on that TBR and I’m halfway through three more. I keep getting distracted by other books, especially ARCs on NetGalley!
Books I Read
- Like A Lover (Housemates #2)
- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender
- Bookishly Ever After
- The Alchemists of Loom (Loom Saga #1)
- Puss In Prada
- The Queen Must Die (Chronicles of the Tempus #1)
- Old Man’s War (Old Man’s War #1)
- Dreadnought (Nemesis #1)
- A Thousand Nights (A Thousand Nights #1)
- It Started With Goodbye
- Under Rose-Tainted Skies
- The Loveless Princess
- Broadmoor Revealed: Victorian Crime and the Lunatic Asylum
- The Serpent’s Shadow (Elemental Masters #2)
- Ravenscroft Conspiracy: A Virtual Reality Thriller (Territoria #1)
- These Vicious Masks
- A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird #1)
- Prince’s Gambit (Captive Prince #2)
- True Colours (True Love #2)
- Kings Rising (Captive Prince #3)
- The Graces (Graces #1)
- The Sun Is Also A Star
This is hard this month! I’m torn between The Sun Is Also A Star, The Alchemists of Loom and Under Rose-Tainted Skies. All three of these books had been highly recced and I found the hype completely understandable.
Least Favourite Book
This is hard because I don’t think I gave any of these books less than a three star rating, but my least favourite book would probably be Kings Rising because it was the last of the trilogy and I didn’t like some of the ending, I thought it was wrapped up too neatly. Other parts of the ending I liked though.
Reading and Writing Goals Update
I did two readathons this month! I started the Harry Potter readathon which goes on until 6th August and the Mental Health Readathon which was for one week. The Mental Health readathon went much better than the Harry Potter readathon has, which was strange since I only found out about it the day before it started!
I’m now on 13 books on my Beat the Backlist challenge, 42 books on my Flights of Fantasy challenge and on 118 books on my Goodreads challenge, but while I am reading more diversely than I was last year, I have still only filled 23 squares on my Diversity Bingo. I’ve signed up for the Seasonal Reading Challenge on Goodreads in the hopes that I’ll get rid of some of the backlog on my Kindle. Two books down and a third in counting!
I’ve finished my novel that I was writing for Camp Nanowrimo and now it’s been sitting for nearly three weeks, I can get to editing it.