I found this book tag on Youtube and thought it was a perfect one to do, especially since it has done nothing but rain today. The original creator is here but the tag came to my attention when Regan from Peruse Project did it.
1. In fall, the air is crisp and clear: name a book with a vivid setting!
Hard to say this without spoilers but there is one setting in More Than This which is so very vivid. The heat, the dust, the abandonment – it was vivid.
2. Nature is beautiful… but also dying: name a book that is beautifully written, but also deals with a heavy topic like loss or grief.
3. Fall is back to school season: share a non-fiction book that taught you something new.
4. In order to keep warm, it’s good to spend some time with the people we love: name a fictional family/household/friend-group that you’d like to be a part of.
I’m going to cheat and say two groups in Harry Potter. The Weasleys and the famous trio of Harry, Hermione and Ron. I would love a family like the Weasleys, big and rowdy at times yes, but always there when you need them. And with Harry, Hermione and Ron – could you ask for more loyal friends?
5. The colourful leaves are piling up on the ground: show us a pile of fall-coloured spines!
I would say this made a mess of my bookshelves but they’re already a mess, I just made a new pile of books out of my existing piles of books.
6. Fall is the perfect time for some storytelling by the fireside: share a book wherein somebody is telling a story.
7. The nights are getting darker: share a dark, creepy read.
8. The days are getting colder: name a short, heartwarming read that could warm up somebody’s cold and rainy day.
Alfie the Doorstep Cat is a book about a cat that goes around the neighbourhood and helps families with their problems. It’s cute, it’s fluffy, it’s from Alfie’s POV – the type of book you read when you don’t want to think too much about anything.
9. Fall (luckily, it’s my favourite season) returns every year: name an old favourite that you’d like to return to soon.
I love the Little House books. I never watched the TV series (it wasn’t showing in the UK) but I adore all the books.
10. Fall is the perfect time for cosy reading nights: share your favourite cosy reading “accessories”!
I would probably go for the cliche cup of tea and warm, furry blanket. An open fire is always welcome, though that is much harder to get a hold of!
11. Spread the autumn appreciation and tag some people!
I’m not entirely sure who is welcome to book tags or not, plus I think this is a really fun tag to do, so if you’re reading this and you want to do this tag, consider yourself tagged! Let me know if you do this book tag as well so I can check your post out.