Another month gone! This was a fairly busy month as well, though I definitely got a lot more reading done in the second half of the month when I had to get a lot of my library books back to the library. This month I managed to introduce my mum to audiobooks so another convert!
Books I Read
- The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins #2)
- The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins #3)
- Wilde Fire (Forever Wilde #3)
- Royals (Royals #1)
- Riches to Rags
- The Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #2)
- Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha #1)
- The Friend
- The Raven Prince (Princes #1)
- A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet #1)
- Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple #1)
- The Wizards of Once (The Wizards of Once #1)
- Piecing Me Together
- By the Pricking of My Thumbs (Tommy & Tuppence #4)
- Lying About Last Summer
- The Body in the Library (Miss Marple #3)
- Alex, Approximately
- Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up (Magic Cleaning #2)
- The Eagle of the Ninth (The Dolphin Ring Cycle #1)
- And the Mountains Echoed
- The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August
- Furthermore (Furthermore #1)
- The Slave Prince
- Dark Emu
- The Killings At Badger’s Drift (Chief Inspector Barnaby #1)
Favourite Book of the Month
Frederica is definitely my favourite book of Georgette Heyer’s. I loved the hero and the heroine and the development of their relationship and especially the side characters. It was one of the sweetest historical fiction books I’ve read and definitely my favourite book this month.
Least Favourite Book
This category was a lot harder this month than normal which was good. I think my least favourite this month was Alex, Approximately for the simple fact for how the villain was treated by the narrative and especially by the love interest.
I did my Book Unhaul again this month and managed to finish one book, Cinder, which I wasn’t as impressed with as everyone else was but I’m interested enough to get the next books out of the library. I started Larkswood and didn’t manage to get to Confessions of a Fallen Angel so it’s going to the charity shop. I read a lot of library books instead this month so I feel I made a dent in that way at least, especially with the books I’ve had out of the library for a while and never quite managed to get around to.
I did better for my blog posts during the month of May but I have fallen behind on my ARCs during May and mean to get back on track. For March, I got into the habit of one ARC review a week and I liked that, it definitely felt like I was getting on top of all the books I have on my NetGalley account but now it feels like it’s winning again, which is definitely not something I want to do.
I took part in a lot of readathons this month, with Alphabethon Round 6 finishing up at the start of the month, followed by Royalty Readathon Round 4, Borrowathon, Scallywagathon Round 2 soon afterwards and a couple of longer readathons such as Ramadan Readathon and Empty Shelfie – May as well. I’m trying to stay on top of my readathons especially as I’ve joined another Goodreads reading challenge.
How did everyone else’s month go?