This was the month of one of the worst reading slumps I’ve had in the last couple of years. Normally if I’m not picking up any books, I’m listening to audiobooks on the way to work but I haven’t been working much lately and I’ve been listening to music instead of audiobooks. I DNFed a book because I just wasn’t feeling it and I just felt guilty every time I listened to something else.
That worked to some extent but it still wasn’t a great month for me creatively. I wanted to do so many readathons and novel planning but it just didn’t go how I wanted, especially for the first half of the month.
Books I Read
- Persuader (Jack Reacher #7)
- A Lady Awakened (Blackshear Family #1)
- Beneath the Sugar Sky (Wayward Children #3)
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Hercule Poirot #4)
- Blood and Sand (Blood and Sand #1)
- My Sister, the Serial Killer
- Five Little Pigs (Hercule Poirot #25)
- The Princess Bride
- Inferno (La Divina Commedia #1)
- To Say Nothing of the Dog (Oxford Time Travel #2)
- The Murder on the Links (Hercule Poirot #2)
Favourite Book of the Month
This is the first time I think I’ve given an Agatha Christie book five stars. I liked the narrator far more than Hastings, Poirot was very involved with the story and the twist was done so well.
Least Favourite Book of the Month
And for this category, I have to choose one of the other Christie books I read this month. In this book, Hastings was insufferable and while I liked the mystery, it definitely wasn’t my favourite.
Like I said, I did not read as much as I did this month as I normally do and, like I said, I wasn’t busy so it was more of a slump than lack of time. I did not do any readathons this month but I have prepared my Spring TBR! These books are the ones I’m hoping to finish by the end of May.
How did everyone else’s March go?