This month went so much better than March! I’m back on track with my reading, I took part in readathons and I got to several books that had been on my TBR for ages, and enjoyed nearly all of them. I was working more as well during the month of April, though not as much as I would like.
Books I Read
- Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating
- Cat Among the Pigeons (Hercule Poirot #34)
- The Priory of the Orange Tree
- Expecting Jeeves
- Lord Edgware Dies (Hercule Poirot #9)
- Whose Body? (Lord Peter Wimsey #1)
- The Enemy (Jack Reacher #8)
- Bluebells in the Mourning
- Back River Quiver
- Dumb Witness (Hercule Poirot #16)
- Absent in the Spring
- Glory in Death (In Death #2)
- The Convenient Marriage
- House of Beauty
- House Full of Insects
- An Amish Harvest (The Amish Bachelors #1)
- After the Funeral (Hercule Poirot #31)
- Mort (Discworld #4)
- To Best the Boys
- Murder in the Mews (Hercule Poirot #18)
- The Girl With All the Gifts (The Girl With All the Gifts #1)
- One Shot (Jack Reacher #9)
- Unfit to Print
- Regret (Pride and Prejudice Variation)
- The Star-Touched Queen (The Star-Touched Queen #1)
- The Queens of Innis Lear
Favourite Book of the Month
A literary romance with a bittersweet ending? That is definitely not my genre but I absolutely loved Absent in the Spring. It was written by Agatha Christie, under her penname Mary Westmacott.
Least Favourite Book of the Month
This month’s book was fairly easy to pick out. A novella I picked up because it began with R and was quick to read, but I was very aggressively meh about the whole thing.
With my monthly TBR, I actually managed to complete one book on it. Here’s hoping I manage to do more in May!
Unfortunately, I still haven’t managed to read any ARCs. There are three that are on my priority list at the moment, The Last Days of Magic, Days Without End and The Wicked Cometh. None of them have been read yet but I’m hoping to knock them out of the park in May so I can start requesting some new ones!
I did three readathons during the month of April, O.W.Ls Readathon, Alphabethon Round 8 and Tome Topple Round 8 and I actually managed to stick to my TBR most of the time. Or rather, I read enough books that would fit the challenges. I have a lot more readathons planned for May.
How did your April go?