Well, I read more in the first six days of this month than I had in the whole month of July so in terms of quantity, I was already doing better. Not to mention, I enjoyed a lot of the books I read and knocked a few books off my TBR. And then I went on a mood reading binge and veered off my TBR completely.
Books I Read
- Fence Vol 1 (Fence #1-4)
- Fence Vol 2 (Fence #5-8)
- Fence Vol 3 (Fence #9-12)
- The Foxhole Court (All for the Game #1)
- Cards on the Table (Hercule Poirot #15)
- Giant Days Vol 1 (Giant Days #1-4)
- Giant Days Vol 2 (Giant Days #5-8)
- Better Place (Rainbow Place #3)
- Princess of Zamibia (Royal Brides #1)
- Nothing to Lose (Jack Reacher #12)
- Cut to the Chaise (Caprice De Luca Home Staging Mystery #8)
- The Raven King (All for the Game #2)
- The King’s Men (All for the Game #3)
- Black Rose (In the Garden #2)
- I Have No Secrets
- The Hound of Baskervilles (Sherlock Holmes #5)
- All the Light We Cannot See
- The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke #3)
- Three Act Tragedy (Hercule Poirot #11)
- The Colour of Magic (Discworld #1)
- The Way You Make Me Feel
- King Me (Forever Wilde #7)
- The Outrun
- Mrs. McGinty’s Dead (Hercule Poirot #30)
- Gone Tomorrow (Jack Reacher #13)
- Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: 100 Tales of Extraordinary Women (Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls #1)
- 4:50 from Paddington (Miss Marple #8)
- I Am Legend
Favourite Book of the Month
I was really torn between All for the Game series which I loved because it had all the tropes I enjoy, and Mooncakes which was just this really light fantasy graphic novel which sent me on a graphic novel spiral. In the end I went for Mooncakes!
Least Favourite Book of the Month
It would probably be Good Night for Rebel Girls. I liked the premise of this book, the diversity of the women and the illustrations were gorgeous. However, this is not a book I would buy for my niece (and I buy her a lot of books). It focused on things I didn’t particularly agree with and I feel like it glossed over the women’s lives too much, even for a kids’ book.
Well, readathon wise, I did alright. I passed all my N.E.W.Ts though my TBR went all over the place and I read two ARCs in August, which is better than I have in the past four months or so. Not as many as I wanted and not the ones I planned to read, but still. Maybe I’m on a roll? No, I think not.
I read one book from my August TBR and finished All the Light We Cannot See (here) so not a complete disaster from that point of view either! I mean, I have started Wicked Fox but then my mood took me over to sports books and got distracted.
My August didn’t go as planned but it could have gone worse. I thought I would read more since I wasn’t working much but that definitely isn’t going to be true for September so we’ll see what happens.
How did your August go?