September went by so quickly that I’m still a little in shock that it’s October. That is my excuse for the reason this is late, well that and night shifts. I was in a very contemporary mood for the month of September, at least until the Contemporaryathon, when I found I was in the mood for fantasy. Awkward.
Books I Read
- Darcy Steps In
- Marquess of Mayhem (Sins and Scoundrels #3)
- Heart Strain (Interlocking Fragments #1)
- Endless Stretch of Blue
- Taken at the Flood (Hercule Poirot #28)
- Poirot Investigates (Hercule Poirot #3)
- Wait For It
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
- Red Lily (In the Garden #3)
- Peril at End House (Hercule Poirot #8)
- The Thirteen Problems (Miss Marple #2)
- Wicked Fox (Gumiho #1)
- Crown of Wishes
- Closed Casket (New Hercule Poirot Mysteries #2)
- Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1)
- Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin
- The Avant-Guards #1 (The Avant-Guards #1)
- Saga Volume 2
- My Brother’s Husband, Volume 1 (Otouto no Otto #1)
- My Brother’s Husband, Volume 2 (Otouto no Otto #2)
- The Wedding Party (The Wedding Date #3)
- The Proposal (The Wedding Date #2)
- Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2)
Favourite Book of the Month
This was so hard to choose. I had so many five star books in this month. The Six of Crows duology, despite some problems, was thoroughly enjoyable, I loved Crown of Wishes and Mariana Zapata’s contemporary books are always enjoyable, especially Kulti. But when it came down to it, there was only one book that I was already thinking about rereading.
Least Favourite Book of the Month
Okay, I was torn between Darcy Steps In and Taken by the Flood because I gave them both two stars. But the first one I had mostly forgotten about at the time of writing this and Taken by the Flood had the worst ending of an Agatha Christie book, not to mention boring me at times before that.
I feel like this month went really well? I read two books on my September TBR and I read two sequels that I have had on my TBR for so long. Yes, I finally read Crooked Kingdom and Crown of Wishes. I don’t know why I put them off for so long, I really enjoyed both of them.
I only did one readathon through the month of September (Contemporary Round 5) but I did read a lot of contemporary books for it even if I didn’t stick to my TBR. My mood was swaying away from contemporary books by the time the week came around but I ignored it and read contemporary books all the same.
A good reading month all in all. I stuck to my TBR (sort of), I read books that have been on my TBR for a while and I enjoyed a lot of the books I read.
How did your September go?