This was a busy month for me. I had a ton of paperwork that I had to do for work (as in, I had to do it otherwise I would be taken off the register and couldn’t work as a nurse anymore) so that took priority over reading. However, my work shifts were very quiet so I got through about 1-2 books per shift. Plus I was actually in the mood for spooky/supernatural books this month, which was great for my TBR.
Books I Read
- The Magpie Lord (A Charm of Magpies #1)
- Interlude with Tattoos (A Charm of Magpies #1.5)
- The Soldier’s Scoundrel (The Turner Series #1)
- The Lawrence Browne Affair (The Turner Series #2)
- The Ruin of a Rake (The Turner Series #3)
- A Little Light Mischief (The Turner Series #3.5)
- Any Old Diamonds (Lilywhite Boys #1)
- Proper English (England #0.5)
- 61 Hours (Jack Reacher #14)
- Rocket Science
- This Team Is Ruining My Life (But I Love Them): How I Became a Professional Hockey Fan
- The Right Swipe (Modern Love #1)
- A House of Ghosts
- Think of England (England #1)
- Mom & Me & Mom (Maya Angelou’s Autobiography #7)
- Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove #1)
- Burn the Stage: The Rise of BTS and Korean Boy Bands
- The Silent Patient
- A Gentleman Never Keeps Score (Seducing the Sedgwicks #2)
- The Novel Art of Murder (Mystery Bookshop #3)
- The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1)
Favourite Book of the Month
I had a few rereads this month but I didn’t count them in this category because otherwise it would have been too hard! I read a lot of historical romance this month which I really enjoyed, but I think this month’s favourite read is Any Old Diamonds. This book is here because I spent the first quarter really doubting the dynamic between the two main characters and then by the end, I was completely won over and want a whole series of these characters. Just ignore the ugly cover which put me off for so long.
Least Favourite of the Month
This book I almost DNFed. I was glad I didn’t in the end, mostly because I’m far more interested in the sequel blurb and the second half was much better than the first half, but it really dragged for the first third.
I think this month went well! I read about half the books on my October TBR, I knocked two ARCs off my NetGalley list and, well I didn’t really make a dent in the books I had on my shelf as I read most of the books on Kindle this month, but I did read the book for the Fairyloot readalong, Serpent and Dove (my review here). Here’s hoping the last two months of the year go this well.
I only took part in Spookathon this month (and the wrap up will be coming soon…) but I shall definitely be taking part in more readathons in November.
How did your October go?