Oh wow, November was busy. Before I realised, half of the month had gone. I got ill near the end of November so that was not fun with Nanowrimo and my reading and then the space bar on my keyboard went kaput which made blogging and writing very difficult. It seems to have corrected itself, which is good because my tablet keyboard was getting very annoying. But I read a lot of enjoyable books and even a five star book!
Books I Read
- Brown Girl Dreaming
- Introducing Mr. Winterbourne (Winterbourne #1)
- Mr. Winterbourne’s Christmas (Winterbourne #2)
- Fix Her Up (Hot and Hammered #1)
- Love Always
- Uneasy Lies the Crown (Lady Emily #13)
- North Child (East #1)
- Alanna: The Song of the Lioness (Song of the Lioness #1-2)
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life: Before 8AM
- The 4 Pillar Plan: How to Relax, Eat, Move, Sleep Your Way to a Longer, Healthier Life
- The Beautiful (The Beautiful #1)
- Christmas In The Highlands (Christmas in the Highlands #1-2)
- Where Love Grows
- Bloodlust and Bonnets
- Cold Feet
- At Bertram’s Hotel (Miss Marple #11)
- Luna and the Lie
- The Haunting of Ashburn House
- Poirot’s Early Cases (Hercule Poirot #41)
- The Search
Favourite Book of the Month
I love this book. It is a fairytale children’s book but it has a beautiful writing style and I found the book so nicely paced as well. I don’t feel tempted to read the sequel but that is mostly because I found the book brilliant as a complete story.
Least Favourite of the Month
This category was, unfortunately, very easy this month. I love morning routines and I love non-fiction books about productivity and healthier living but this book was nothing like that. The style of writing drove me up the wall, the author spent more time advertising his website and why we should be using his Miracle Morning method than actually talking about this.
I took part in so many readathons this month. There was Tome Topple Round 9, where I started a few books but only finished one. I did not post a wrap up for Buzzwordathon because I started The Fifth Season for it and didn’t finish it, so there was really nothing to talk about. However, the Triwizard Tournament readathon was a huge success for me as I was very involved with the Discord and the prompts were fairly easy to fulfil even when I started a few days late.
As for my November TBR? Well, I started Strange the Dreamer and The Fifth Season so I have faith I will actually finish them before the end of the year and tick them off as two of the books that have been on my TBR the longest. But I didn’t finish them so technically they don’t count for November. So I read no books for this TBR.
In my other goals, I did read more of Aurora Rising and I want to know what happens at the end but wow, this is a slog. And has a trope which I despise. But I’ll finish it just so I can review this thing.
How did your November go?