I didn’t know about this readathon until I saw it on the list of readathons but now I am ridiculously excited for it. This readathon is based on the O.W.Ls exams in Harry Potter and there is a Twitter and an introduction post, but the intro post (here) is in the style of Hogwarts letter. It runs from the 2nd April to the 29th April and I am definitely taking part, Nanowrimo or no Nanowrimo.
- A book with a symbol on the cover
- A book with a number on the cover or in the title
- A science fiction novel
- A book that contains magical creatures/has a magical creature on the cover
- A fantasy book
- A book featuring/about secret societies or clubs.
- A book featuring prophecies
- A book with a nature-related word in the title
- A historical fiction book
- A muggle non-fiction book
- A book with/about alchemy
- A book which deals with transfiguration/shapeshifting or a book with a cat on the cover.
Now you only need 5 O.W.Ls to get an Outstanding in this readathon so I’m only going to do a TBR for five books but will probably read more because these look like so much fun!
Continue reading “Magical Readathon”
When his brother leaves him in charge of Llynmore Castle, Robert Townsend is determined to make everything go smoothly. What does it matter if he’s inexplicably drawn to Ian Cameron, the estate’s stoic steward? Robert is sure he can ignore the way the Highlander’s apparent dislike of him gets under his skin. They’ll muddle along just fine so long as they avoid one another. An excellent plan…until a fire forces Ian into the castle—and Robert’s personal space.
Ian Cameron has worked for everything he owns, unlike spoiled Robert Townsend. And he may not have friends, but he has the Highlands and the stars, and what more could he really need? But when a guest’s stolen possession appears in his room, he doesn’t have much choice but to admit to the handsome and aggravatingly charming Townsend brother that he needs help. To solve this mystery, they’ll have to put aside their differences. And as Ian learns more about Robert, he’ll have to guard his heart…or it may be the next thing stolen.
Goodreads, Amazon UK
Continue reading “A Scot’s Surrender”
Sixteen-year-old Aza never intended to pursue the mystery of fugitive billionaire Russell Pickett, but there’s a hundred-thousand-dollar reward at stake and her Best and Most Fearless Friend, Daisy, is eager to investigate. So together, they navigate the short distance and broad divides that separate them from Russell Pickett’s son, Davis.
Aza is trying. She is trying to be a good daughter, a good friend, a good student, and maybe even a good detective, while also living within the ever-tightening spiral of her own thoughts.
Goodreads, Amazon UK
Continue reading “Turtles All the Way Down”
Round 2 of Cosmo Readathon is finished! This readathon ran from the 19th March to the 25th March. The Goodreads is here and the twitter is here. This readathon is good because there was a lot of discussion on Goodreads during it (though I manage to miss it right at the start of this readathon).
I didn’t manage to get to all of the challenges but I did enjoy the three books I read for this readathon.
Continue reading “Cosmo Readathon Wrap Up”
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog meme. It used to be hosted by The Broke and the Bookish but now it is being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s theme is books that are set in a different country to where you are. I live in the UK so technically I could list every book set in America/Canada but I managed only to pick one which was set all in the United States. I tried to go for books I read in 2018 as well, though the last two are old favourites of mine rather than new reads.
Covers link to Goodreads.
Continue reading “Top Ten Books That Take Place in Another Country”
I wasn’t expecting this at all! I’m always a little bit nervous about these awards because of the whole ‘having to think up questions’ and ‘nominate 11 blogs to answer your questions’. How are you supposed to pick only 11?
That said, I do really like answering the questions so thanks very much to Hammock of Books for nominating me!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
Continue reading “Sunshine Blogger Award”
This is a two week long readathon (that’s new) which runs from the 25th March to 8th April and the focus is on superheroes! I’m trying to get my library books knocked out of my TBR so pretty much everything on here is borrowed. There’s a lot of books on here but I’m hoping to get to at least half of them.
- Iron Man – Read a book, that’s an oldie but a goodie (not released in 2017 or 2018)!
- Captain America – Read a book that represents your country!
- Captain Marvel – Read a new release that has grabbed your attention!
- Ant-Man – Read a tiny book that packs a punch (Short Story, Novella or Graphic Novel)!
- Hulk Smash! – Read an intimidating book on your TBR that you want to smash out!
- Black Panther – Read a book with a person of colour as the main character!
- Thor – Read a book set in a different world!
- Black Widow – Read a book with a kick-ass female character!
- What Would Stan Lee Do? – Read A Marvel Comic!
- The Avengers – Read a book that has #SquadGoals!
Continue reading “SuperHeroAthon”