This book is the follow up readathon to the O.W.Ls readathon, which was great fun, and there is another letter from Hogwarts explaining the exams! The twitter for this set of readathons is here and this readathon runs all the way through August.
I qualified for Arithmancy, Astronomy, Care of Magical Creatures, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, History of Magic, Potions and Transfiguration.
Continue reading “N.E.W.Ts Readathon”
This is a readathon that was running for four weeks in April (2nd April to 29th April) where you have to take your O.W.Ls in order to pick which career you’re going into. Apparently, there is going to be a N.E.W.Ts readathon as well, based on the O.W.Ls you take now so I’m really hoping to be able to do it as well.
The Hogwarts letter is here and my TBR is here.
Continue reading “O.W.Ls Readathon Wrap Up”
I didn’t know about this readathon until I saw it on the list of readathons but now I am ridiculously excited for it. This readathon is based on the O.W.Ls exams in Harry Potter and there is a Twitter and an introduction post, but the intro post (here) is in the style of Hogwarts letter. It runs from the 2nd April to the 29th April and I am definitely taking part, Nanowrimo or no Nanowrimo.
- A book with a symbol on the cover
- A book with a number on the cover or in the title
- A science fiction novel
- A book that contains magical creatures/has a magical creature on the cover
- A fantasy book
- A book featuring/about secret societies or clubs.
- A book featuring prophecies
- A book with a nature-related word in the title
- A historical fiction book
- A muggle non-fiction book
- A book with/about alchemy
- A book which deals with transfiguration/shapeshifting or a book with a cat on the cover.
Now you only need 5 O.W.Ls to get an Outstanding in this readathon so I’m only going to do a TBR for five books but will probably read more because these look like so much fun!
Continue reading “Magical Readathon”