This is another readathon that fits in well with the O.W.Ls and N.E.W.Ts readathons. When I was looking for a readathon to bridge the gap between the beginning of October and the last two weeks, when all the readathons started, I looked at this one and signed myself up for it last minute.
I’ve been trying to get more organised at readathons because the books I put on my TBRs are books that I have been wanting to get to for a while and these readathons are a great reason to shove them to the top of my TBRs. So you might actually get some wrap ups where I read the books on my TBR!
Continue reading “Magical Readathon (Charms) Wrap Up”
After the Magical Readathon and the N.E.W.Ts Readathon, I was really excited to see there was a small readathon to take part in between each of the readathons. This is Charms Extra Credit and there is another great extra sheet available with challenges!
This readathon runs from the 8th to the 14th October.
- Alohomora – Read a book that is first in the series
- Accio – Read a book that’s on top of your TBR
- Incendio – Read a book which has ‘fire’ or ‘flame’ in the title or series name or fire in the picture
- Rictusempra – Read a book that tickles you (exciting trope/genre/premise)
- Lumos – Read a book with a light cover
Continue reading “Magical Readathon: Charms Extra Credit”
This book is the follow up readathon to the O.W.Ls readathon, which was great fun, and there is another letter from Hogwarts explaining the exams! The twitter for this set of readathons is here and this readathon runs all the way through August.
I qualified for Arithmancy, Astronomy, Care of Magical Creatures, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, History of Magic, Potions and Transfiguration.
Continue reading “N.E.W.Ts Readathon”
This is a readathon that was running for four weeks in April (2nd April to 29th April) where you have to take your O.W.Ls in order to pick which career you’re going into. Apparently, there is going to be a N.E.W.Ts readathon as well, based on the O.W.Ls you take now so I’m really hoping to be able to do it as well.
The Hogwarts letter is here and my TBR is here.
Continue reading “O.W.Ls Readathon Wrap Up”
I didn’t know about this readathon until I saw it on the list of readathons but now I am ridiculously excited for it. This readathon is based on the O.W.Ls exams in Harry Potter and there is a Twitter and an introduction post, but the intro post (here) is in the style of Hogwarts letter. It runs from the 2nd April to the 29th April and I am definitely taking part, Nanowrimo or no Nanowrimo.
- A book with a symbol on the cover
- A book with a number on the cover or in the title
- A science fiction novel
- A book that contains magical creatures/has a magical creature on the cover
- A fantasy book
- A book featuring/about secret societies or clubs.
- A book featuring prophecies
- A book with a nature-related word in the title
- A historical fiction book
- A muggle non-fiction book
- A book with/about alchemy
- A book which deals with transfiguration/shapeshifting or a book with a cat on the cover.
Now you only need 5 O.W.Ls to get an Outstanding in this readathon so I’m only going to do a TBR for five books but will probably read more because these look like so much fun!
Continue reading “Magical Readathon”